Monday, February 26, 2007

No Meat

I have decided to not eat meat. No chicken, no beef, and no pork. No Meat. I figured Lent was a good time to test out my new found interest in vegitarianism because if I can do it for 40 days then maybe I will be able to do it for good.But I have encountered a problem with this new plan of mine. This past week has been extremely stressful with work (70 hour work weeks are never fun), student loans and their lack of deferment, Teach for America anticipation and what not. So, whenever I get angry,cranky, or stressed all I want is a big fat cheese burger, or any other form of cow. It has been difficult because I come home every night and I want beef, but instead I eat tofu. I have stayed strong and have not given in, but let me tell you not being able to eat what I want when I am angry makes me even angrier BUT I will not cave but no matter what veggie lovers say a Soy burger or veggie burger just is not the same.

3 comments:

exskindiver said...

cut up tofu into bite sized cubes.
deep fry until brown or crunchy on the outside,
tofu-ey on the inside.

now the key is in the dip and I have two kinds that are equally scrumptious.

1. Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce purchased in an asian store, product of thailand.

or 2. (the filipino dip)
soy sauce mixed with vinegar mixed with lots of minced garlic and thin sliced raw onions.
when you dip the tofu in, allow the mixture to seep in.
when you pop it into your mouth, oolala--its almost sinful to eat during lent.

auntie ches

Wanderer said...

I agree with the desire for a fat bacon cheeseburger during times of stress, and YES, vege-burgers DO NOT taste the same. Your Auntie Chesca is on the right track with smaller pieces deep fried.

Good luck. Peanut Butter is also good under stressful situations.

Auntie Gigi

Charissa said...

Take note, I send you very healthy bread this time.Love you.
Mom